Wednesday, June 19, 2013

22 days?

22 days to ride until Sergio and I begin our epic adventure and our ride for "Bubba" on the Bayride Trail in San Francisco area.  For my remaining time until then in the midwest I will be completing the Chequamegon 100 off-road race in Wisconsin.  It has been a nasty beatdown for me in the Chequamegon National Forest the last three years.  The following weekend I am completing the Lutsen 99er on the North Shore of Lake Superior with some climbs matching those to the mountain races (- elevation).  I haven't done this race before, but that is what I've been told.   
I finish my racing with a road ride on the 4th.  That one is a quick 50 miles with a lot less climbing then the previous endeavors.  
Considering how out of shape and tired I am after recently finishing the school-year, I should have my hands full the next few weeks.  
The "Bubba-ride 2013" on the Bayridge Trail in California will be a new and epic adventure.   Hundreds of miles unsupported on a landscape that I'm unfamiliar with is what I'll be dealing with.  Thankfully Sergio will be hopefully not too far ahead.  He is well-versed with endurance athletics, survival, electronics, and several other random skills that will come in handy during such a grueling adventure.  I'm just hoping not to slow him down too much.  
Well... enough bantering,  time to ride 50 miles of beautiful Minnesota gravel.

No comments:

Post a Comment